DFH Volume 1 Issue 21
It hardly seems possible that it’s been 21 years since our Dayton reunion in Corinth. Kids that attended are now married with their own offspring, thus starting a new generation of Dayton’s. I think especially of the Humbert kids and their cute rendition of “King of the Universe.” Video of our 1998 Dayton Family Reunion is now available on my youtube channel. Jan Manley taped the entire event, and now, thanks to her, we can relive that fun time spent together in June in Corinth. Nearly the entire event has been filmed. The filming has been broken down into 26 individual videos, so you can only watch what you want. These are the videos:
- Wilber Dayton sends his greetings from Macon, GA
- Breakfast footage of attendees and table chat with Jan Manley commenting
- Tour of Dayton Brothers sawmill led by Paul Dayton.
- Tour of Henry and Christie Daytons graves in Dayton cemetery on Hadley Hill led by Paul Dayton with Family History commentary by Jim Dayton.
- Tour of Charles and Nancy Dayton’s graves at Dean Cemetery in Stony Creek led by Jim Dayton.
- Tour of David and Chloe Dayton’s graves at 9N Cemetery in Lake Luzerne led by Jim Dayton.
- Viewing of outside of Wilber and Jessie’s House on Mechanic St by Jan Manley and Cammie Luckey.
- Priscilla Tyler leads children’s games (watermelon seed spitting).
- Interview with Sam Tyler.
- Invocation by Wilber Dayton with accompanying photo montage of reunion.
- Chester Dayton reciting Psalm 93.
- Congratulatory letter from Governor George Pataki (New York State).
- Prayer for Wilber by Rev. Leonard Humbert.
- Dinner footage of attendees and table chat with Jan Manley commenting.
- Audience participation in singing of George Washington Bridge led by Keith Tyler.
- Photo montage set to a hilarious light bulb joke about religious denominations.
- Nancy Dayton sings a beautiful rendition of “Great is Thy Faithfulness.”
- Keith Tyler’s little Tommy joke.
- Chester Dayton [Chip} reciting Mia Carlotta, by Louis Untermeyer.
- Humbert Kids sing “King of the Universe”.
- Jim Dayton tells a story about Charles (Chop) Dayton’s strength.
- Roger Dayton tells a story a Chop, Gerald Ralph and he on scaffolding.
- Chester Dayton Tells the Story of Chop and the Cigar Cutter.
- Jenn VanTol presents a plaque containing Psalm 23 and the signatures of the attendees.
- Jim Dayton thanks everyone for coming to the reunion.
Here is a link to get to the “my channel” for me (Jim Dayton). Once there, you can view whatever you would like. I recommend that you subscribe to the channel so that you can more easily get here and get notifications of new videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/jimdayton1/playlists?view_as=subscriber